Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesdays Truth: Love Them More

You may have already realized this but the reoccurring theme to my post lately has been...LOVE! Well, I am slow and I guess that is why it takes God telling me and showing me in a million different ways a lesson that needs to be learned.

Our new motto...Love Them More!! I shared with my kids that I had not been such a great example of this but I was vowing to be better with His strength. I wanted them to be on the same page and asked them to vow to do the same.

This new motto may sound a bit selfish but my purpose is not to love more by out doing; a top that attitude is not at all what I am going for. My goal is to love them more than myself, to love them the way Jesus would. That will require dying to self and not giving into the temptation of the "it's all about me" world we live in.  And "them", that encompases all that I come into contact with and even those that I don't.  I would say that is quiet a tall order, but none the less what God would have us to do.

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:2

Wow!! We can't top that! But His command says that should be our goal. That should be what we strive for. Intentions just won't cut it. We have to live on purpose! Live with a goal in mind, looking for those opportunities that await and those people that are right in front of us to love more! To love more than ourselves! 

The sad part is we can't do this unless we have the love of the Father living in us!  We can't share what we don't have.  If we are not living daily in His presence then we can not share His love.  Oh, that we may know Him personally and walk with Him daily.

Challenging you today to "Love Them More"!! Encouraging you that with Him all things are possible! Live with purpose!!  Live loving them more!!

2 comments:

  1. lol You're funny. You must have some computer brain because your page is looking good. I can help you do whatever you need. You can add lots of stuff to your page...just about anything you want. Links to other pages and sites, videos, etc...

    ReplyDelete