Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tuesdays Truth....on Wednesday

I love to learn new things about the Lord! I wouldn't say I like to learn them the hard way as when in the midst of a sticky situation but I do love reading His Word and having those "Ah-ha" moments!

Have you ever thought about "planning" to stay faithful? When I think of the word PLAN I think there must be a sequence of steps or an outline. And to be honest I had never thought that I should have a sequence of steps in order to stay faithful. In my mind it has always just been a decision; to be faithful or not to be faithful-to do it or not to do it. So reading this morning (Acts 11) I was amazed that Barnabas, not only was an encouragement to the people of Antioch, but he desired for them to plan their action of faith in advance. Wow! Pre-destine! Foreordain, predetermine, to destine in advance that in hard times you will remain faithful!! That to me was amazing!

So what does that look like? How do we remain faithful when tempted or when trials come our way? I can say I have this opportunity quiet often. I believe this is where our outline comes in; our list of steps that will steer us back to Him. I challenge you to make this personal. Get your pen and paper out and jot down the steps that will help you to remain faithful in advance. It's something about a plan on paper that draws us to action. For me it will be calling on Him first and picking up His Word instead of calling a friend. I tend to like to run and whine to my accountability partners, while it is great having them, instead of running to my Savior first. Praying and reading His Word should be at the top of your list, but there may be a few more things you need to add to complete your plan of faithfulness. Maybe you have a particular verse that God has given you or a particular person to pray with, or maybe even a list of questions to ask yourself. Make your plan personal and create your action steps to faithfulness. This plan is worth your time so that when you find yourself in a mess you can look at your outline and know which way to go and what to do next.

Planning to stay faithful can greatly enhance victory in your life. And we all desire to be victorious. Let's ensure that our struggles will not lead us to doubt or despair but to daring deeds for the Lord!! Praying today for you to plan to be faithful in advance!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard this statement the other day: dont go to the phone...go to the THRONE!! ha! I SOOO need to do that....esp now since youre Verison! Ha

    ReplyDelete