Friday, November 7, 2014

He is fighting for me!

Life is just passing all to quickly! It's full of business. Sometimes I believe it's just due to the season of life I am in and other times I know I have taken on too much. Monday morning I was feeling the aches of a busy homecoming week for four kids, a 20 yr reunion, a church fall fest (in which for some dumb reason I thought I had time to make a Halloween costume at the last minute). It was a Monday for sure that I rushed out the door to drop off all the kids and stop in the sonic parking lot to gather thoughts and put my makeup on before I had to pick up Mack, get him to the orthodontist and back to school. Then back to town to get groceries and back home to unload then to run back to town with my husband for more errands.

At WalMart I made the comment to the cashier that it was definitely a Monday. She responded by telling me it was Monday but a great day to spend time in the Word. She said if things didn't get done it was ok as long as she got to spend time with the Lord! I felt about as big as an ant! Who expects to go to WalMart and be blessed by the cashier?!? That just doesn't happen. I was convicted!  We talked about what devotion we were doing and I had to admit Monday morning I had not cracked my Bible. :(

This past Sunday I opened my Bible in church and saw a name written by a verse. That person had shared that verse with me years ago. What was significant was I had my class reunion the night before and saw this life long friend. I quickly snapped a pic and sent it to her and thanked her for her influence in my life. She sent me back a verse from Exodus.

Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.

I told her how cool it was that in my Bible Study Fellowship we were actually studying Moses and working our way through Exodus. Tuesday morning when I sat to have time with the Lord....you guessed it....I read that verse in my study. Call it as you wish, but I say God wants me to hear from Him!! He is intimate and desires to meet me where I am. My friend had no idea I was going through that study nor did she know I was in that exact book and chapter. She lives a few hundred miles away and we don't get to talk often. It was a verse God had laid on her heart and she felt led to share it with me. She felt it applied to the journey I was on. And boy does it ever!!


Do you wonder sometimes if He sees?!? If He hears?!? If He knows?!? While my physical body just couldn't take any more the Lord was/is fighting for me!!  I love how God works!  I love how He meets us right where we are!  I love that He knows what we need for that particular day to encourage us on!  Many times we are so consumed with our circumstances that we miss out on what He has.  But I also love that my God is patient, and even when we may not make time for Him, He will find a way to reach out to us.

Thank you Lord for not ever giving up on me!  Thank you Lord for meeting me where I am!  Thank you for encouraging me on!  And Lord, thank you for fighting for me!  Help me Lord to be still and listen to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment