Thursday, February 5, 2015

PEACE!

Your best learning usually comes from your hardest times. The more years that pass the harder the times.  Can I get an Amen?? I mean, do you ever wish you were a carefree kid again? I think about my childhood and teenage years and although I can remember a few really difficult  things that I went through they just don't seem to compare to the hurt, responsibility, and difficult decisions that have to be made at this point in my life.  Thankfully through hardships we can gain wisdom if we allow God to mold and shape us.  I can't say that I have always done that.  I am stubborn (I know y'all are all shocked by that statement, haha!) and at times tend to want things to go the way I want them to go. So of course God continues to teach me certain lessons.  The Lord is patient!  Did y'all hear that?? HE IS PATIENT!!! Praise His Holy Name for that one because otherwise I know my consequences would be much more harsh!

The Lord instructed our family to love another in, so we have done just that.  Each day presents a million and one scenarios of decisions that can be difficult and overwhelming.  Not to mention parenting 3 teenagers, well 2 and half since Mason is still 12.  But goodness knows when they hit 7th grade all hell breaks loose and attitudes and smart mouths arise.  I blame my husbands sarcasm for some of those hardships as all seem to have followed in their father's footsteps of sarcasm. BLAH!! This generation doesn't have any other forum of communication, do they?  (I love you Marc, and did fall in love with a LITTLE of that sarcasm many years ago, haha! :)   So here we are sifting through each day and doing our best to teach, guide, and pray that these four hearts will mold in to the Lord's hands.

I find great comfort in walking with the Lord and just when I need his presence the most He always shows up and encourages me on.  Maybe you are a parent and you understand exactly what I am talking about.  Maybe you are not but life has thrown you more obstacles than you can bear.  My friends, the Lord is faithful!  I share with you my life stories because its real to me and God does speak to REAL people in REAL life happenings.

Peace in the storm is a term I have heard repeated over and over and I can say I have experienced it but now more than ever.  My worry can get the best of me some days and fear has a way of trickling in when bad news comes, kids seem to be haywire, and rejection is on the loose.  But each time I wonder in my dismay, the Lord brings about sweet reminders of how He has it all taken care of.

This morning it came with a simple few words.  I have mentioned before that I will sometimes holler out the window to my boys to "Be The Sunshine."  The last couple months little May will ask me, "mom, can you roll down my window," and as we let the boys out she will holler.  They of course will keep walking pretending they don't hear her, seeing as a 5 year old hollering "Be the sunshine!" is soooo not cool for 12 and 13 year old boys.  It isn't cool for mom to say it either might I add, but it sure is fun. LOL! This morning was no different as she asked me to roll the window down and said her farewell encouraging words.  Then as I pulled in to her school to let her out she looked at me with the biggest smile and said, "mom, you have to tell me to be the sunshine when I get out of the car, ok?"  If you know our May you can picture the drama filled face with excitement that she can hardly contain.  So as she opened and backed out the car door with her face gleaming she kept telling me to speak the words to her. I couldn't disappoint this 5 year old little girl and I hollered very loudly for her to "BE THE SUNSHINE!".  She wanted so desperately to feel that same love and encouragement this morning.  As she closed the door with a grin from ear to ear she literally bounced past the teachers on to the door of the school with exuding excitement.  It was as if I had just given her the BEST gift ever and there was not another care in this world!

The Lord is sweet to me just like that.  He shouts to me words of encouragement as I sit closely , eyes wide open, eagerly waiting for Him to speak His Words to get me through the day.  And with His Joy abounding I bounce when I hear His voice.  His peace comes over me and I know all is well even in the midst of pure chaos!!  And that is His promise!  He will bring that joy and peace through His Word just when I need it most!

I believe today little May needed it too!  My boys needed it as she encouraged them!  We all need it each day!

"Peace - shalom - is  more than just the absence of war.  God's peace gives the security of His blessing; God's peace promises His eye is always on you to do you good; God promises His peace to His people! God's peace sums up all God's good and perfect gifts and comes to us through Jesus Christ." ~ BSF Notes

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-25

Oh Praise Him!!  In the middle of chaos He will bring good!  His face will shine upon us and He will bring peace!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment