Thursday, February 14, 2019

Glory to Him

November 17, 2010


Romans 8:28,35,37-39
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose...Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble of hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us form the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Halleluiah AMEN!!!  That is enough to make you want to get up and shout!  WHOOOHOO!!!  I am so thankful for God's amazing love and that NOTHING can separate me from His love. 

Over the past few weeks I have watched so many going through such hard times and Satan has tried his very best to suck the breathe right out of me over it.  I am the type of person, when you hurt, I hurt.  But on the flip side I am a very optimistic person.  Even though there is difficulty I am always trying to look for the good in it.  When I feel myself getting pulled in by Satan’s lies I will look for 5 positive things.  Trust me sometimes it is hard to do but it sure helps me get my focus back on what really matters.  I have probably said it before but my mom will accuse me of "living in the clouds".  I can honestly say....what better place to live?  Who wants to live in the deep dark dungeons of life?  I don't!!  While living in the clouds can sometimes catch you off guard (since I have a tendency to be on the naive side), being positive and realizing you are a conqueror in Christ is worth shouting AMEN over!  And worth living victoriously!

I can't say that I have always been super optimistic but God is teaching me how to redirect my focus when things get tough.  We as Christians must learn to NOT live a defeated life.  WE are a walking Bible for others to see.  And who wants to join any one in a "whoa is me" state?  Our feelings at times can be a poor reflection of His Truth.  If we will focus on His love, His provision, His plan, His future, His power, His purpose, His everything, then I believe our feelings will change.  I know you’re saying "but Kim, you have NO idea what I am going through."  And you are right, I do not, but HE DOES and His Word says because He loves us and we are in Him then we are MORE than CONQUERORS! WHOOOHOOO...shouting again, I can't help myself!!  We can beat whatever is out there before us or in the midst of us.  WE have victory in Him!!  If God allowed you to be thrown in to a dungeon, you were not picked on; your were picked out!  God has entrusted you with that suffering because He has faith in you!  He knows the future and it is bright!  So live it up!  All the way out of that cold, dark and muddy pit!   Find five great things about your life or circumstances, focus on someone else's needs and meet them, and keep remembering His love for you!!  The suffering will soon just be a past hardship that God brought you through that can be shared to glorify Him!!  WHOOOHOOO!!!  Shouting again!!   PTL He loves us so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment