Thursday, February 14, 2019

They RAN out of business!

January 31, 2011

We were driving down the road and my boys see that Double Dave's is no longer open. My youngest says with excitement how much he LOVED to eat there. While my oldest says, "they RAN out of business"! I was trying to hold in my laughter and just intently listen to their conversation. I wanted to say you don't RUN out of business, you GO out of business. He then went on to say since they were running out of business they didn't have enough money to pay their bills and couldn't possibly stay open any more. And I am thinking, how do you possibly know that, you are a nine year old? Geesh! My youngest says, "well I like to eat there on Sundays and they always had a lot of people there when we went." Lol!!! Oh, how I love to listen to the conversations of kids. Quiet often I learn a few things! 
I got to thinking about "running" out of business and wondered sometimes if we are running out of God's business? Running from the purpose He has for our lives. Running from the path He has set before us. 
God is teaching me to love without contempt and with zero limitations and sometimes I feel like running. It is easier when I don't have to do for others or think of others before myself. It is easier to not let God's calling (His business or plan) interrupt my daily doings. It's easier to go about my plans than to think of what His business or plans may be. I would much rather RUN!! Less work, less hassle, and too much to have to think about!! 
Although, these thoughts of running have entered my mind, thankfully God has allowed opportunity after opportunity for me to follow after His business of loving on someone else and not just think of the way I feel or what I have planned for the day. It has been amazing to see what can unfold when we are obedient to His calling on our lives. We can go where He is at work around us and be apart of that. 
"Grow where you are planted" has been a phrase that has stuck in my heart for quiet sometime. Wherever that may be, weather in the midst of struggles, on the mountain top experiences, wading thru the muck and the mire, or just cruising along we are to grow where we are planted. And that will require saying YES to His Business, loving even the unlovables, even the ones that stab us in the back, even the ones that live in the neighborhoods we would not dare to go in, even the ones that don't think like us, or have the type of personality we mesh well with. We are to love past all indiscretions
So are you running? What are you running from? What is God calling you to do and why are you resistant? Are you ready to stop running and start GOING into the business of Lord? His plan is perfect. Stop running and start trusting God! He is waiting for you to say yes to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment